Surroundings Hotel las Villas de Antikaria
What does this city offer?
- "Los Dólmenes" (unique in the world magnificent representations of prehistory). We know that during the Neolithic and the Age of Bronze, perfectly socially organized populations were seated in this solar, as demonstrates the presence of the "Dólmenes" of "Menga"," Viera" and "El Romeral", the most renowned of the prehistoric period.
- Cultural enrichment, so you will contemplate the marvels of the Roman and Arabic world as well as Renaissance and Baroque, through their churches, convents and palaces. The Castilian Antequera experienced, with certain rapidity, an unstoppable demographic explosion converting it in the S. XVI and XVII centuries, in an important economic and commercial place. In this historical reality emerge the city or Renaissance and Baroque, which still remains in its parochial and conventual's churches, palaces, chapels and many other symbols. On the Renaissance period is highlighted the set of churches formed by the Temples of "Santa María la Grande", "San Pedro", San Juan", and "San Sebastián". However the style that defines more the city is the Baroque as well as in its towers, reed maces, the infinity of frontispieces and in the extraordinarily decorated interiors. It is more: for this period we can speak about a genuine Local Baroque, which satisfied its own demands through its numerous workshops.
- Magnificent scenery to practice hiking: "El Torcal", "El Chorro Laguna de Fuente de Piedra". Among the Andalusian set of monumental cities, Antequera is highlighted for the extent of its preserved historical sequence. Furthermore, its location converts it into a paradigm of a romantic Spanish southern city: At the lowest point of the restless "El Torcal" mountains and mastering the immense flatness of a fertile plain in which emerges the enigmatic anthropomorphic Rock called "La Peña de los Enamorados".
- 15 minutes far from Flamingoes reservation ("Laguna de Fuente de Piedra").
- Greats sport facilities for playing golf.
- 20 minutes from a School of paragliding ("Valle de Abdalajis").
- A rich and assorted gastronomy.
- A perfect enclave and good communications.
- The urban set, slowly configured during centuries, is seated on the hillside of the old Acropolis configuring the walls of its "Alcazaba" and the full mass of erudite renascence, which is the Real Church, called "Colegiata de Santa María La Mayor". The Roman Imperium domination in Andalusia bequeathed us the municipality of Antikaria, historically something enigmatic and archaeologically testified by an interesting epigraphic series, by the constructions of the Thermal baths of "Santa María", "El Ninfeo de la Carnicería" and by the Monumental Villa of the Station.
- The great Roman legacy of the city is the Roman sculpture of bronze of the first century called "Efebo of Antequera", Which has been inspired on Greek models, and it is the most beautiful classic bronze's sculpture preserved in Spain. The Islamic Antequera or "Madina Antaqira" results easy to evoking by the preserved walls of its ancient enclosure, with two circular defensive walls. In 1410 Infant Fernando called "Fernando el de Antequera", decided to take a new advance to the reconquest process. His decision was to conquer Antequera's square was fulfilled the same year, on September 16th.